1) Fundamental Physics and Chemistry of Tc and Re.
2) Tc and Re Analytical Chemistry.
3) Tc in Nuclear Fuel Cycle and in the Biosphere.
4) Re Hydrometallurgy.
5) Tc and Re in Nuclear Medicine.
6) Applications of Tc and Re including their alloys in Modern Constructing Materials.
7) Round Table: Tc and Re as business projects.
PROCEEDINGS ISTR2011 - pdf version
ISTR-2011 Book of Abstracts
Presentations of Oral Reports
The 8th International Symposium on Technetium and Rhenium: Science and Utilization, will be held from September 29th to October 3rd 2014 in Pornichet - La Baule, France.
The 8th ISTR aims at continuing 20 years of tradition on Technetium and Rhenium conferences and the symposium happen every 3 years. It was originally created in 1993 and has been successively held in 1993 (Sendai, Japan), 1996 (Moscow, Russia), 1999 (Shizuoka, Japan), 2002 (Dubna, Russia), 2005 (Oarai-Ibaraki, Japan), 2008 (Port-Elizabeth, South Africa) and 2011 (Moscow, Russia).
The aims of the 8th ISTR is to cover all aspects of Technetium and Rhenium chemistry. The conference will be organized around plenary lectures (30-40 minutes), short lectures (15-20) minutes and poster sessions.
The technical program will cover the following topics:
- Chemistry of Technetium in the nuclear fuel cycle (separation, disposal, waste form…)
- Technetium and Rhenium in nuclear medicine (isotopes production, labeling, coordination chemistry…)
- Radioanalytical chemistry (Measure of Tc an Re in biosphere…)
- Fundamental chemistry of Technetium and Rhenium (synthetic, materials and coordination chemistry, inorganic and organometallic complexes, properties...)
- Rhenium in the industry (mining, metallurgy, catalysis…)